Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Oh the change that school brings(by change I mean stress!)

So...don't get me wrong, I adore school, but I'm a little stressed out. I read for hours at night either Shakespeare or C.S. Lewis and my brain wants to explode afterwards! I'm reading some Oscar Wilde on the side so I can actually have a break in reading something I don't have to overanalyze every second. This shows how much of an English Major I am, that on the side as a "break" I'm reading a Brittish playwright/critic. My Grammer teacher is absolutely ridiculous and he told me today that he was thinking of not allowing me to come into class today-yikes! When I'm not stressed out at school-I've been super stressed out at work! Just as I have been thinking of quitting the Dr., just about every patient has told me how much they like and appreciate me. I almost cried with what one of the patients said. Yesterday a man came in because the catholic church makes a person have a psychological exam before they will perform an excorcism-creepy huh? When he went in the office I just stood right outside, laying hands on the door and praying. It helped get rid of any fear I had-cause hello-God is sooo much more powerful. And on top of all of this I have been getting tons of pressure from my dad to move back home after this semester! aaaggghhhh!!!!! What's scary is I actually thought about it for a day-then I had to do a genogram for my marriage & family class which just plots out all of my family and things like: death, marriage, divorce, alcohol/drug abuse, sexual and physical abuse and all that fun stuff. Everyone had crazy stuff attached to them and then there was my little circle. There should have been a symbol for having Christ in my life because that is the only reason I'm a sane person without crazy problems in my family. I'm so blessed to be where I am. I'm listening to this song right now by Nichole Nordeman called "Why?"(please listen to it if you have a chance)and it's a song from the point of view of both a little girl and God during the crucifixion-it's amazing. Just a great reminder of God love for us and willingness to sacrifice for us-shouldn't I also be so willing to sacrifice all my insecurities, shortcomings and worries to him?

1 comment:

nina said...

is your grammar teacher rose? and um, you can't move. love you.