Monday, November 03, 2008

really? november already? hot damn....

Today during lunch, while hiding in an obscure corner so no student or parent could fine us, a fellow teacher was counting down how many days left we have of the semester. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little panicked at how fast this year has gone by. But...I was also relived at the fact that my first semester of teaching is almost over.
I forgot that once Halloween is over...the year basically flies by in hyperspeed. Halloween was quite eventful for me. I was the only girl in a group of guys that went out...yet we were all dressed as girls. I was surrounded by a retro Bette Midler, Britney Spears(circa her vma performance of "i'm a slave for you" including large yellow fake snake)and a crazy 7 foot nurse that had eaten Amy Winehouse(words could never paint an accurate description of this). We all headed out to our favorite club to dance the night away and watch Cim enter a costume contest. The night turned out to be a gathering of drag queens of all shapes and sizes and then basically men in underwear. After a couple of Tokyo Teas Cim was completely out of commission and I had reached my max of being surrounded by men covered in glitter who had not a bit of interest in me...minus running into a guy I dated and then running away as fast as my bootsie heels could take me.
All in all, after the rush of pumpkin carving and clever costumes-it's Thanksgiving. Before you know it, the turkey and pumpkin pie is all cleaned up and the stress of Christmas shopping and baking holiday goodies has once again overtaken our lives. Is it strange that I'm already stressed out about Christmas?
Well...that was a lot of random thoughts glued together. I'll leave you with this last little nugget. I was going over with my 6th graders the importance of voting. We discussed what makes a good leader and they have to come up with a campaign of who they think should be president-not including the current candidates. It was pretty hilarious to see the hodge podge of characters these kids would want to run. These individual included:
me(kids really know how to suck up)
God(purely because the girl said people wouldn't be able to vote against him)
the Jonas Brothers(barf)
their moms' (awwwww....so cute)
and Taylor Swift(I'm not exactly sure who this is, but from what I've gathered it's another talentless blonde who has worked her way into the music industry)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i like that you used the word nugget. it made me laugh outloud.

also, you should be warned; Into the Wild will reck your life.

and you will ruin california with your vote. but vote anyways.