Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So much to do...so little time!

I thought I had to work at 3 today, and just realized I'm not working til 4...so I thought I would pass the time on this. So...my Theatre professor promised us at the beginning of the year that if we spend a whole day in Ashland(listening to panels, lectures, seeing plays) then we wouldn't have to take the final. We all made sure that she was positive about this, so I and numerous other students believed this promise and spent money we didn't have to miss a whole day of classes. Well last week she tells us that she changed her mind and we really do have to do this final assignment which is a GANGLOAD of work. I have to memorize all these lines and other lame stuff. My favorite professor/advisor Philippian told me that I need to go talk to the chair of the English department because students have sued and won in cases just like mine. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm so angry too--I want her to keep her promise. Beyond learning lines for that class where I play a wife who comes back to find her best friend(played by Karley) instantly moved in as soon as she left. It's a really emotional play-and I'm not good at acting. Plus I'm supposed to have this like intimate embrace with this guy in my class who was WAY too okay with this scene when we talked about it. The prof said we should give each other backrubs to prepare for our roles...okay hell no! On top of that I'm making a Shakespeare video this weekend and play the King of the Fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream. It's a whole lot of acting-not looking forward to that. Beyond all the work though-life is pretty great. My parents are being fabulous. It's like ever since they're going to buy me all this stuff for Christmas they're my best friends. I'm not sure why...but I'm enjoying it. It's so funny cause I never even asked for anything for Christmas, I never usually ask for anything in particular-cause I never know what I want. And I absolutely LOVE surprises!!! I'm just happy for the Season and remembering what an amazing gift of love and sacrifice God gave me through Jesus!

1 comment:

noah! said...

you should roundhouse kick that teacher to the face.