Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Changes

I feel like I haven't updated this blog in forever. And I also feel like the last time I blogged I talked about leaving my last job, and not I'm leaving my current job as well. Does this make me a quitter? Quitting two jobs in one year is definitely a record for me. However, I have learned more about myself and others around me from quitting these two jobs. I know what I want, and more importantly I know what I don't want.

I think that 2009 has been such a year of growth for me, more than maybe I even wanted. It's interesting to me how certain times of sadness or betrayal can bring you closer to yourself and friends than any other time. Wouldn't it be nice if everything was sunshine and rainbows and we learned the most about ourselves and learned who our true friends were by baking cookies and playing with puppies? Unfortunately, that is far from the case. I just happen to be blessed with an amazing family and friends who are there with me during the highs and are holding my hand through the lows.

Through my highs and lows of 2009, I have decided that lying is the worst thing that ANYONE can do. I believe that every form of evil stems from some sort of lie. A murder is a lie that someone has told themself that they have the right to take someone's life. A thief is someone who has lied to themself in a way which makes them believe they have the right to own anyone's property. Lying to someone is the quickest way to disrespect yourself as well as the person you are lying to. It takes the lowest of cowards to mold a lie, while the bravest of creatures uphold the truth. If you make lying your lifestyle, then you are the lowest form of life(if you can even call yourself living). You have no moral compass and no path with which to take towards success. You have no true friends and no hope of love in the future or a life of real meaning. Even if the truth hurts, it's far better than a lie. I'll take the brutal truth over a syrupy sweet lie anyday. Pardon my french, but kharma is a bitch...and she'll getcha everytime. So watch out liars-you're day will come!

No comments: