Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goodbye Sanity...it was nice knowing you!

Well, I've about had as much as one human being can handle. I have to quit my job! There is no way that one update on my blog could sufficiently depict the plethora of reasons why I must escape, but know that they are all legit. This has honestly been the most awful work week of my life...and I still have one more day to go.

Last week, I went to the doctor's office and she told me that I probably need to be on some sort of anti-depressent after I told her my job situation(just like all the other teachers are on). I think that I am a pretty happy person and explained that I would rather try some natural approaches to relieving stress rather than drugs. Although, after this week...a big ol' bottle of zanex sounds rrreeeaaalll nice. It's almost comical the way teacher's have worked out bargaining over several different medications. Also, the new and improved diets that some must adapt to once they have begun teaching at this school(starting the morning with 3 vicodin and a cup of coffee).

Is this how all teachers feel? Or just teachers at a Christian School? The teachers that I know from public schools, just stick to being an alcoholic, while us Christian teachers seem to mix drugs and alcohol like professional streetwalkers. I actually catch myself watching the bums from my window and being insanely jealous of their carefree life of collecting bottles, pondering a place to bathe, and wondering what new disease they may have. With an economy as ludicrous as ours, I feel the need to just deal with my unhappiness and be thankful that I have a job. But, what is the price that I'm willing to pay on my sanity, just to pay the bills? Maybe I should just give up..."Into the Wild" style!

2 comments:

scott J tyler said...

It sounds like your School community is very uplifting. Bummer about your work situation, teaching never seems to be that much of a drag at my school. But good luck coping- exercise always helps me. A nice long run.

Lauren said...

don't do the antidepressant thing. please don't. just quit. yeah, we all have bills. but no amount of paycheck will soothe what this job is making you feel. i vote for into the wild allison. screw responsibility right now. you only have one life and one chance to live it.