Wednesday, December 03, 2008

10.5 school days left...

...until Christmas Break! Thank the Lord!I'm not sure if my kids are just still hyper from being gone for a week during Thanksgiving Break, but they are literally driving me crazy!!!! One of my friends who is a kindergarten teacher has a someone "special" child who cannot pay attention and is always just staring off into space and never usually makes sense in class. Well, I have one of those, but all grown up.
One of my students is always doing what he isn't supposed to be doing. If I tell them to get into groups for a project, he's standing in the corner twirling around and singing...and this kid is in HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Is it rude to suggest he be tested as a special needs child? Although sometimes I feel like he's just stoned out of his mind. Either way, it's pretty obnoxious.
On a lighter note...I encountered quite a scary experience the other day. My friend Cim and I were walking back to his house after a night of shenanigans when he happened to see a man with a cane. Cim yells at this fellow "hey bojangles, looking good." Well, needless to say this man did not appreciate my friend's sense of humor. He started running after us at a surprising speed for a man with a cane. We actually had to beging sprinting to get away from him. After flying at full speed into his house, we finally were safe. Although, I'm still a little scared that the creeper saw which house we went into. But, nothing that a "Big Love" marathon can't fix! If any of you haven't watched that show. I suggest you do. I kind of have a crush on Bill Paxton now.

2 comments:

nina said...

about 3 months ago they did a filming of big love here in woodland. The set crew was using my starbucks as an office. it was so weird.... and no, unfortunately i did not get to see bill paxton.

nina said...

yeah... how much did i wish i was cool enough to be taylor swift at the cma's last year singing underneath a freaking watefall?